Assistant Professor, Mathematics
Salary: $66,515.08 - $101,040.44 Annually
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 00341
Closing: 4/30/2021 4:30 PM Pacific
The mission of Crafton Hills College is to advance the educational, career, and personal success of our diverse campus community through engagement and learning.
POSITION TO START FALL 2021
This is a full-time tenure track position teaching mathematics including statistics. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to integrating equity and inclusion in all aspects of their work. This assignment includes teaching courses throughout the mathematics curriculum and actively participating in department and college responsibilities including curriculum development, assessment of outcomes, regular professional development, and collegial processes. The successful candidate will utilize recognized methodologies that support student success and be part of an engaged campus community.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Incorporate equitable teaching practices within all courses taught within the discipline.
- Participate in campus and departmental activity that encourages students to pursue Mathematics and other STEM disciplines.
- Use teaching methods that promote peer support for academic achievement, meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Assess Student Learning Outcomes and plan for improvement.
- Maintain and submit accurate records.
- Work collaboratively with other faculty to develop and improve curriculum to support student success.
- Actively participate in shared governance and individual faculty responsibility outside of the classroom.
Master's in mathematics or applied mathematics
Bachelor's in either of the above AND Master's in statistics, physics, or mathematics education
OR the equivalent.
*If you believe to have the experience equivalent to the minimum qualifications for an academic position, you may request a determination of equivalency by completing a District Request for Equivalency form (Download PDF reader) and provide supporting documentation as appropriate.
*Must upload required transcripts and documents at time of submitting application.*
- Experience teaching mathematics, including statistics, in an educational setting.
- Familiarity with curriculum involved in implementing active learning and student engagement techniques such as the objectives promoted by the California Acceleration Project.
- Ability to develop an inclusive curriculum that represents the student ethnic and socioeconomic demographic population at Crafton Hills College
- Knowledge of applying mathematical concepts including statistics using computational or statistical software.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office/classroom/clinical setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents; and to operate assigned equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
To apply, visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbccd/jobs/3035487/assistant-professor-mathematics
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency