This ad is expired.
- Tenure-Track Faculty - Medical Lab Technology Instructor
- Go to our website »
Tenure-Track Faculty - Medical Lab Technology Instructor
Shoreline Community College
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 99415
Location: 16101 Greenwood Ave N Shoreline WA 98133, WA
Department: Health Occupations
Date of First Consideration: 04/05/2023
$51,482 - $77,156 / academic year (172 day contract)
**Position may be eligible for High Demand Supplemental Salary in addition to annual salary
Shoreline Community College sits on the ancestral lands of the Coast Salish Peoples, in particular the Duwamish Tribe. Founded in 1964, Shoreline Community College offers more than 100 rigorous academic and professional/technical degrees and certificates to meet the lifelong learning needs of its diverse students and communities. Dedicated faculty and staff are committed to the educational success of its nearly 10,000 students annually, who hail from across the United States and over 64 countries. Located 10 miles north of downtown Seattle, Shoreline's campus is one of the most strikingly beautiful college campuses in Washington state.
Shoreline Community College recognizes that diversity and equity in the academic environment fosters cultural awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. We are committed to social and educational justice, inclusive campus climate and culture where all community members feel safe, experience a sense of belonging, and their overall well-being is supported through authentic and engaged relationships.
The Health Occupations division is a vital area of academics at Shoreline Community College. The Health Occupations programs offers degrees and certifications in Dental Hygiene, HealthCare Informatics and Information, Medical Lab Technology (MLT) and Nursing. This MLT faculty position serves as an instructional faculty member for the NAACLS-accredited MLT Programs at the College, reporting directly to the Dean of Health Occupations. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administration committed to furthering the College's vision, mission, core themes and strategic plan within the HO/PE, Business division. Description of the duties assigned to this position, the courses to be taught, etc.. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will advise students, assist with assessment of current instructional methods, develop programs and curricula, and participate in Shoreline governance, department, division and campus-related professional activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Teach Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) program courses
- Review and update curriculum for Medical Lab Tech and Phlebotomy courses
- Advise current and prospective students, evaluate student achievement
- Evaluate program effectiveness and provide program advisory committee support
- Assist in program marketing, and play an active role in student recruitment and the selection of program students
- In addition to the duties above, this position also participates in College governance, and division and campus-wide activities as well as managing and completing required travel to perform practicum teaching assignments at off-campus locations on a regular basis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science or related science degree from an accredited institution.
- MLS ASCP Certification
- Five (5) years' current work experience in a clinical laboratory, including microbiology
- Experience teaching in a higher education environment
- Learning management systems and other appropriate instructional technologies
- Microsoft Office programs
- Fostering a climate of equity and belonging through multicultural awareness and responsiveness
- Imparting excitement and enthusiasm into the instruction of Medical Laboratory Technology
- Experience with or willingness to gain experience with teaching and developing coursework online
- Contributing to equity and belonging through multicultural awareness and competence
- Effective oral/written communication with individuals at all levels inside and outside the College
- Adapting to a variety of teaching situations with students from diverse backgrounds/abilities
- Developing/modifying curriculum both collaboratively and independently
- Working and interacting effectively with colleagues, staff, students, administrators and others of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
Conditions of Employment
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The College is currently in mixed (both in-person and online) operations, with the option for some assignments to be completed in a fully online environment based on program or area needs. For remote (online) instruction, faculty will need to provide their own workspace and internet access, noting the College will provide technical equipment and support for online work needs. For on-campus in-person instruction, work is usually performed in a classroom/office space that requires standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time. Faculty typically use computers and media equipment in the work environment.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT/SALARY:
This is a full-time, tenure track position, with a 172-day annual contract beginning September 21, 2023. Salary placement is determined by the number of qualifying years of teaching/work experience combined with educational preparation. Hiring of this position is contingent upon available funding as determined by the College President.
Persons with disabilities have the right to reasonable accommodation in all aspects of employment with the College. This includes, but is not limited to recruitment, application, hiring, training, termination, conditions of employment, and any other employer-supported activities. Applicants requesting accommodation should contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
- This position has been designated as a bargaining unit position represented by the American Federation of Teachers Local #1950.
- In compliance with the Immigration and Nationality Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon offer of employment.
- This position is overtime-exempt.
In accordance with RCW 28B.112.080, applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current or past places of employment.
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
- NEOGOV online application/profile/supplemental question
- Letter of interest addressing qualifications
- Current resume
- Unofficial Transcripts documenting highest degree (official required upon hire)
Applicants considered for positions at the College may be required to submit to a background check as a condition of employment. Adverse information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability for the position.
Please Note: Once application materials have been submitted, you may not modify the application.
*Community Standard Statement
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly ..."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Shoreline Community College is a place for students, employees, and the community to pursue excellence in education in an environment dedicated to equity, inclusiveness, and self-reflection. We value respectful, dynamic interactions and lively discussion. We strive to create an environment where everyone is supported and valued. Shoreline Community College does not tolerate hateful, violent, or discriminatory actions that target any person or group based on their beliefs, customs, identity, or affiliations. When one of us is diminished, all of us are diminished.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/shorelinecc/jobs/3934444/tenure-track-faculty-medical-lab-technology-instructor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency