Network System Administrator
Posting Number: 02325
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Everett Community College Information Technology team is seeking a journey level Network System Administrator to support campus-wide, mission critical, high impact network infrastructure and network based applications. Examples of work include physical and virtual server configuration and maintenance, determination of hardware replacement requirements in order to keep the EvCC network up and running, configuration of network switches, configuration and determination of wireless needs, and administration and securing of our hybrid cloud infrastructure and virtual server environment.
- Two or more years of industry experience in data networking and system administration, and/or in education towards a Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent related degree. Industry certification a plus.
- Experience working with network systems and networking principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration) and networking configuration/troubleshooting (NAT, ports, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience managing and supporting Windows 2016/2019 servers
- Strong knowledge of public cloud environments and virtualization infrastructure
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Commitment to or demonstrated experience providing an equitable, safe and inclusive environment for all students, employees and patrons
- Exceptional teamwork skills
- Professional and courteous with strong verbal and written communication skills in order to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience with Cisco Systems wired networks
- Experience managing and supporting Linux server environments, prefer Red Hat 7.x
- Cloud system administration experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with AWS EC2, S3, Route 53 and Workspaces
- Knowledge of and support experience for Microsoft Office 365, MS SQL Server and Azure
- Experience with managing Active Directory/Group Policy objects and account management with an identity management and lifecycle platform such as OKTA
- Experience in the design, inception, setup, maintenance and implementation of virtual environments such as VMware
- Understand IT security principles, frameworks and tools like NIST, OWASP top 10, SANS top 25.
- Current certification in CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), Network+, or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Certification
- Knowledge of network and Cybersecurity, penetration testing, and information security practices in a Cloud-based environment
- Work independently on complex tasks, both design and implementation
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
- Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
- Be mobile enough to climb under and over desks and equipment to review configurations.
- Ability to carry, lift or move equipment up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 75 lbs (with assistance).
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb ladders.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate networking and computer equipment
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Work Hours: Regular business hours will be Monday through Friday and Summer schedule is Monday through Thursday. May be required to work an alternate work schedule based on project needs.
Posting Date: 05/19/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Everett Community Colleges mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the Colleges vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring individuals that exemplify the vision, mission and core values of our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees Union.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicants suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCCs policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $77,544 to $87,732 plus benefits
To apply, visit https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/5081
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency