The Post-Award Research Administrator Accounting supports Baylor University's objective to become a Tier 1 Research Institution by providing customer service support to faculty, research administrators, and sponsors and is responsible for award set-up, award maintenance, financial reporting, closeout, and effort reporting. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service skills, previous post award and grant administration, a high attention to detail, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and strong financial skills.
An Associate degree in a business-related field, three years of relevant work experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A Bachelor's degree in a business-related field is preferred. A CRA certification is a plus.
What You Will Do
- Provide excellent customer service to faculty, local research administrators, and sponsors in the ongoing administration of sponsored research by serving as an expert resource to the Baylor research community.
- Support all relevant activities in the Post-Award Office, including award set up, award maintenance, transaction review, invoicing, financial reporting, cash management, closeout, and effort reporting.
- Conduct periodic reviews for assigned sponsored awards, including monitoring spending trends, recording of transactions, overdrafts, resolving small balances on awards, reviewing of restricted budgets, tracking cost sharing commitments, and monitoring of subrecipient expenditures, if applicable, to ensure accordance with federal and state regulations and guidelines, including federal OMB Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), sponsor specific, and institutional policies.
- Maintain auditable records for sponsored awards, including invoices, reports, and sponsor and internal correspondences.
- Participate in trainings and professional development opportunities, as determined by the AVP for Research, Post-Award.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor's mission
- Ability to comply with University policies
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and at least three references to the job posting link.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a "Great College to Work For" by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (baylor.edu.about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Learn more about great opportunities to connect and be a part of our local community in Baylor'sWaco Culture Guide!
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For." Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant's religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency