The Phoenix Company is a rapidly growing 128-year-old company based out of Milwaukee, WI that specializes in the design and manufacture of durable LED lighting for a variety of markets. Our lights make the world a safer place.
We are seeking a resourceful, team-oriented Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to do work primarily involved with the development or improvement of equipment, processes and methods. The typical cycle includes conceptualizing, developing prototypes, testing and perfecting designs. Success requires working with VP of Operations, quality team, design engineers and the manufacturing floor to create a state of the art assembly operation.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for project management, process development and documentation.
- Support production in terms of developing and procuring fixtures and tooling.
- Implement cost reductions, methods improvement and cellular manufacturing.
- Assist with equipment justification and implementation.
- Maintain routings and standard production costs.
- Assemble and train teams in improvement processes.
- Kaizen facilitator - identify, lead and execute continuous improvement projects.
- Calculate, justify and recommend capital improvements.
- Optimize processes through ERP system integration.
- Industrial Engineering - plans and oversees layout of equipment, office and production facilities. Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization. Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Serve on NPD teams to ensure manufacturability of new products.
- Design product packaging and oversee testing activities.
- Manage assembly area - Create and maintain a safe working environment for all employees; Promote a quality mindset in employees; Execute assembly production schedule to meet monthly financial goals; Manage training of assembly and materials personnel to maintain quality; Review employee performance; Reporting labor efficiency/ratio, velocity
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer Requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or similar degree and a minimum of 5-7 years progressive work experience.
- Must be hands-on. Must be able to engage and motivate manufacturing engineers and plant employees.
- Progressive experience implementing cellular manufacturing concepts.
- Must be able to meet project deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong blend of analytical, decision-making and creative problem solving skills.
- Must be experienced in CAD software and modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Cellular manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Lighting experience preferred.
Phoenix upholds the Equal Employment Opportunity for Women/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you need accommodations due to a disability to complete the application process, please contact the HR Director at +1 414.973.3453
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency