The Phoenix Company is a rapidly growing 128-year-old company based out of Milwaukee, WI that specializes in the design and manufacture of specialty lighting in both industrial and performance architectural markets.
We are seeking a resourceful, team-oriented Senior (Level III) Software Engineer to be responsible for developing technical requirements, designing enterprise software architecture and implementation for the Cloud, gateway and IoT devices, database design & maintenance and technical support to internal & external customers/end-users.
Software Engineer Responsibilities include:
1. Software design, implementation, and maintenance of all levels of the full application stack from front-end to back-end
2. Create cloud-native application for deployment in AWS that will utilize resources such as API Gateway, Lambda, EC2, S3, and RDS.
3. Create software architecture, design, and deploy reusable software components that meets functional, performance, scalability, and reliability requirements
4. Design enterprise cloud technical strategy and cloud solution architecture
5. Design and deploy scalable and highly available services on AWS
6. Perform enterprise software maintenance, database design and maintenance.
7. Administrate existing databases and data infrastructure (backups, indexing, capacity planning, deployments, etc.).
8. Work with the latest approaches to creating scalable storage solutions for our applications (AWS RDS, Redis, S3, DynamoDB, etc.)
9. Actively monitor application performance and maintain system up time, while troubleshooting customer reported software bugs from external support teams.
10. Perform duties of system support engineer, providing technical support for internal customer support and sales team as well as to the end-users.
11. Versatile with multiple programming languages such as Java, PHP, Python, SQL, etc.
12. Work with project management to provide cost estimate and timelines for deliverables.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Minimum of 3-5+ years of experience in enterprise software development and maintenance
Experience working with cloud services, database servers, networking, wireless controls, and gateway devices
Experience in general application lighting and controls related field is a plus.
Phoenix upholds the Equal Employment Opportunity for Women/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you need accommodations due to a disability to complete the application process, please contact the HR Director at +1 414.973.3453
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency